The Territory Manager is responsible for delivering on our mission to drive value and making a difference by setting the tactical direction of the business in a local territory. The Territory Manager has accountability for leading end to end sales and sales operations teams across a territory. This leadership includes the execution of all plans (both strategic and tactical) that will ultimately result in improved margins, increased profit, higher revenue and improved market share. In addition to the operational aspects of the business, the Territory Manager is responsible for driving partnership between all functions, embracing and leading change, and building the capability of the Associate team.
- Fosters a winning environment in which Associates are inspired to achieve excellence.
- Clearly communicates the organizational strategy and vision through simple engagement methods.
- Listens to Associates and Customers for opportunities and gaps, responding with action.
- Delivers the plan through robust market and competitive intelligence; allowing for flexibility in key strategies and tactics.
- Develops a culture focused on growth through encouraging innovative ideas and seeking input from all constituents.
- Enables “act like an owner” mentality.
- Ensures organizational structure is aligned to the needs of the business.
- Creates a culture of high performing teams, connecting across all levels of the organization, and focused on exceeding the plan.
- Demonstrates great agility as a leader with the confidence to lead both strategically and tactically.
- Models a positive attitude toward our Brands, our People, and our Company.
- Motivates, develops, coaches and promotes successful leaders that have passion for talent development.
- Builds and sustains a culture of leader-led capability development, leveraging available tools and resources from across the System.
- Forecasts future needs and builds a sustainable internal talent succession pipeline, while looking to export talent to other areas of the Company.
- Relentlessly pursues the best industry talent utilizing value proposition programs to attract and retain.
- Builds a diverse, inclusive and inspired workforce that leverages these talents to deliver differentiated results.
- Challenges the team to full capacity ensuring each Associate has an opportunity to make a significant and meaningful impact on the business through creative thought.
- Accepts total accountability for the territory success.
- Defines a consistent management routine for reviewing metrics, identifying issues early, making fact based corrections in collaboration with cross-functional partners.
- Develops a unified facility vision where all Associates are focused on delivering premier customer service while achieving margin, volume, profit and share results.
- Empowers leaders to import, deploy and drive execution of critical tools, processes and best practices that produce strong positive results.
- Clear point of view on territory opportunities, barriers and threats and owns the improvement plans.
- Oversees and ensures implementation of consistent processes that enable organization efficiency and effectiveness.
- Creates and maintains a strong governance model that ensures high level of accountability for all metrics.
- Protects the integrity and reputation of our Brands and Company.
- Proactively ensures the health, well-being and safety of all Associates in the work environment.
- Ensures that our public image match the same high quality as our Brands and Company; creates passion in Associates to “polish the Brand” each day.
- Ensures and manages all incidents with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Relationships/Ambassador/Corporate Social Responsibility
- Builds a strong relationship with Super Agents to advance our business and to be “the face of the Company within the Community”.
- Models behaviors that are indicative of an aligned system.
- Utilizes local knowledge to influence and leverage System strengths to drive positive results.
- Visible to employees, floor and trade presence.
- Clearly communicates territory economic impact value story.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- 7 -10 years of leadership experience, including accountability for full P&L and people leadership.
- Financial services distribution and sales experience (Insurance, banking) required. Will be an advantage.
- Prefer candidates with experience and exposure to both the sales and operations in a high-volume, fast-paced consumer packaged goods distribution organization.
- P&L experience required.
- Labor Budget experience required.
- Managing flex man power experience required.
- Controlling volume down labor high experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, required
- Demonstrate ability to build a motivated sales team structure
Qualified Candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line clearly indicating the position applied for.