The Procurement Officer is responsible for developing and administering all procurement related activities for the Company in a timely manner;To issue invitations to Bid, Request for Proposals, Quotations and Issue Contracts that support the company to deliver its mission through Purchase Orders, Term Contracts, Supplies and Services acquisition.
- Develop and coordinate new policies and procedures regarding procurement processes for both internal and external customers.
- Be involved in the automation/test of procurement and logistics software.
- Coordinate daily duties of procurement department.
- Review prices and product specifications from various suppliers to determine which would provide the best deal.
- Creating and maintaining purchasing files and price lists.
- Monitor accounts to maintain an appropriate degree of control over vendor relationships.
- Track deliveries and make sure the company receives exactly what was ordered from suppliers.
- Be part of the team of contracting services and managing the purchase and supply of materials.
- Coordinate purchase requests from departments within the company.
- Answer suppliers and customer enquiries about order changes or cancellations.
- Assist in developing training material, preparing lesson plans, and overseeing procurement training.
Education and Experience
- Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Finance, Mathematics and Supply Management.
- Thorough commercial understanding and the ability to plan and forecast demand.
- Professional Qualifications
- 2-3 years professional procurement/purchasing experience in a busy organization.
- Highly effective individuals – Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational, planning skills & result oriented.
- Team player, change agent, agile, personal effectiveness, ability to work under pressure, Innovative and self-driven.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Attention to details.
- Good customer relation skills.
- Sound judgement.
- IT proficiency & appreciation of technology.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Qualified Candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line clearly indicating the position applied for.