As a part of the Sales Team, the District Sales Leader is responsible for managing the sales and relationship functions for an assigned geographical region leading and driving the growth in mobile payment space including acceptance and issuance. The District Sales Leader has direct management and leadership responsibility for the sales (Super-Agent, Agent & Merchant) and Partnership team for his/her territory and is responsible for the direction, execution and proper reporting of outcomes to the appropriate levels of management to ensure expected revenue and volume goals are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing your own schedule and creating appointments with potential Super Agents, Agents, merchants and Partners
- Explaining the PI value proposition to potential Partners, Super-Agent, Agent & merchants.
- Lead, develop and mentor sales team to achieve a high performance, team-oriented environment.
- Ensure superior customer service and foster a customer service environment.
- Grow revenue through volume drive.
- KYC/AML and compliance lead- Provide the on-boarding team with potential client financial data, KYC and AML information.
- Grow gross profit through product mix and volumes.
- Ensure training of new hires and ongoing training of sales team.
- Ensure safety by establishing behaviors that ensure a safe working environment is provided and ensure employees are trained on safe working techniques in the trade.
- Work with management team to continuously foster a positive work environment, implement employee incentive programs and establish the organization as a premier employer.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Make proper asset (i.e. Super-Agent, Agent & Merchant) placement and removal decisions.
- Set performance goals according to company goals and objectives.
- Meet with Super Agents, Agents & Merchants, assisting sales representatives with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Review and analyze sales performance against campaign programs, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Analyze statistical data and reports to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Keep up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Ensure neat appearance of all PI branding and product in assigned Super-Agents, Agents & Merchants.
- Perform required Outlet checks.
- Maintain company quality customer assurance standards at every account.
- Maintain professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Conform with, abide by, and re-enforce all regulations, policies, work procedures, and processes.
- On time follow through on commitments made to customers and co-workers.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, or Business or 3-5 years outside sales experience.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience with progressive managerial responsibilities consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Demonstrated ability to build brands and sales teams from scratch. Will be an added advantage.
- Microsoft Office proficiency including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with Margin Minder (or comparable program) preferred.
- Above-average math skills and ability to figure profits, margins, retails, and financials are critical to managing this business.
- Class B, C, E Driving License preferred. May be required in some locations.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent prioritizing & decision-making skills are required. Must display strong organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with all levels of management and Field sales personnel.
- Strong selling and relationship development skills with Proven track record of success in selling to and growing large accounts
- Ability to construct detailed territory targeted business development plans and execute against them
- Ability to lead and drive sustainable change through employee engagement.
- Valid driver’s license and a motor vehicle driving history that meets PI guidelines.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Knowledge of the business & industry.
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate work activities of Field sales staff.
- Coach and mentor Field staff in achieving goals and objectives.
- Provide regular performance feedback.
- Include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
- Work in an outdoor environment; sustained posture in a standing position for prolonged periods of time; may utilize a computer terminal for prolonged periods of time.
- Work involves walking, talking and hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects.
Qualified Candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line clearly indicating the position applied for.